Education and Training Award Level 3 RQF (Teacher Training)
Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET qualification) is the first step in teacher training and this learning pathway can take you all the way to a PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education). This is a nationally recognised teacher training course and at the end of this course you will be known as an “Associate Teacher” and able to teach at post-16 level.
Unit 1 – Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
Unit 2 – Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training
- Describe features of inclusive teaching and learning
- Compare the strengths and limitations of teaching and learning approaches used in own area of specialism in relation to meeting individual learner needs
- Explain why it is important to provide opportunities for learners to develop their English, mathematics, ICT and wider skills
- Explain why it is important to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
- Explain why it is important to select teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods to meet individual learner needs
- Explain ways to engage and motivate learners
- Summarise ways to establish ground rules with learners
Unit 3 – Session Planning and Micro Teach Skills
- Devise an inclusive teaching and learning plan
- Justify own selection of teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods in relation to meeting individual learner needs
- Use teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods to meet individual learner needs
- Communicate with learners in ways that meet their individual needs
- Provide constructive feedback to learners to meet their individual needs
- Review the effectiveness of own delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Identify areas for improvement in own delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
Unit 3 is aimed at preparing you for the micro-teach and as such it doesn’t have any assignments attached. Unit 3 is still required to complete the course
Unit 4 – Understanding assessment in education and training
- Explain the purpose of the types of assessment used in education and training
- Describe characteristics of different methods of assessment in education and training
- Compare the strengths and limitations of different assessment methods in relation to meeting individual learner needs
- Explain why it is important to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Explain the role and use of peer and self-assessment in the assessment process
- Identify sources of information that should be made available to learners and others involved in the assessment process
- Describe key features of constructive feedback
- Explain how constructive feedback contributes to the assessment process
- Explain ways to give constructive feedback to learners
- Explain the need for keeping records of assessment of learning
- Summarise the requirements for keeping records of assessment in an organisation
NCFE is recognised as an awarding body by the qualification regulators (‘regulators’) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Department for Children, Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills (DCELLS) in Wales and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
Q: Tell me about my Tutor Support?
You will have access to your personal tutor, via email, who will mark your assignments and guide you through the course to help you get ready for your examinations. In addition, you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process. This is especially useful if you haven’t studied for a while.
Q: What skills are needed to enrol onto this course?
You don’t need any prior skills in the subject area to start this course.
Q: What is included in the cost of my course?
We provide all the specially written learning materials you require to study this course at home. The course fee also includes tutor support for 12 months.
Q: Are there any additional costs?
You will receive everything you need to complete this course within the study pack we send to you.
Q: Is there a required reading list?
No, all of the study materials are supplied within your learning pack.
Q: Do I have to sit an exam?
No, this course is assessed by coursework alone.
Q: What if I live outside the UK?
That’s fine, this course can be studied anywhere and is completed by submitting Tutor marked assignments (TMAs).
Q: What do I do if I still have questions?
Please check Contact Us, we are happy to answer any questions you have.
|Study Method||Paper based study|
|Official Qualification Title||NCFE Level 3 Award in Education and Training|
|Study Hours||Up to 120 hours which is under 40 minutes per day for 6 months.|
|Difficulty||Level 3, a similar difficulty to A-Levels.|
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes