This course covers understanding of the importance of infection prevention and control when working in health and social care.
At the end of training the learner will be able to:
- Understand legal obligations with regard to infection control
- Describe the consequences of poor infection control practice
- Explain the infection control requirements put in place at their workplace
- Identifying a range of different infection control situations
- Explain the importance of using universal precautions
This course is also mapped to Common Induction Standards 2010: 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 8.5, 8.7 and HSC Diploma L2 & 3: HSC027, IC01, IC02 & IC03 and assist in meeting CQC Essential Standards
DVD and scenarios will also be used to ensure full knowledge and understanding is gained.
A question and answer paper is completed with the group at the end.
Duration of Course – one day
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes